The Housing Council is a group of 30 to 40 private and non-profit housing development, design, finance industry leaders, and service providers who are invited to examine best practices that support a full range of housing choices in connected livable places including market rate and affordable rental, ownership and unique, specialized residential options such as artist lofts, accessory dwellings and micro units.
The ULI MN Housing Council meets for two half-day sessions per year. Each session includes guest speakers and an opportunity to share best practices, case studies, roundtable discussion and often off-site private tours. Participation is intended to be active and candid, sharing specific detailed information and experience from both members and presenters. All information must be kept confidential.
Housing Council Co-chairs
Colleen Carey, The Cornerstone Group
Paul Mellblom, MSR Design
- Provide an avenue for all members to experience the special value of a ULI Product Council, particularly those that are unable to regularly attend the National Conferences or participate at the Full Membership level.
- Be part of a unique gathering of peers to gain valuable information and participate in a candid exchange regarding lessons learned focused on regional projects that demonstrate state-of-the-art, innovative housing development and community building.
- Share insights on projects to more fully understand the challenges, opportunities, and solutions that are responsive to shifting demographics, market preferences and industry changes.
- Expand your professional knowledge where varied perspectives will be shared on housing as a driver of economic prosperity, healthy living, and placemaking.
- Engage in dialogues on a specific industry focus that outlines the major issues related to successfully incorporating a full range of housing choices within connected livable communities across our region and integrating environment, social and economic dynamics.
The Housing Council principally consists of housing industry leaders; developers, financiers, designers, funders and service providers. This includes private and non-profit developers, finance entities such as banks, syndicators and public funding agencies, designers and urban planning professionals. Two spots are reserved for Young Leader Members (under the age of 35) and two spots reserved for ex-officio members (recently retired).
- Invitation-only council made up of industry leaders; developers, financiers, designers, funders and service providers.
- ULI MN membership is required. If you are not a member and are interested in participating on this council, click here to join.
- Housing Council affiliation dues are $200 per year.
- Membership is a two year commitment to attend three out of four council sessions. Participants are allowed only one excused absence during a two year term.
- Participation is intended to be active and candid, sharing specific detailed information and experience from both members and presenters. There is a high expectation for participation and contribution by all members
- All information must be kept confidential.