Resilient Communities Council
The Resilient Communities Council is a group of 30 to 40 private and public sector practitioners who are actively engaged in the research, policy, planning, design, creation, and improvement of resilient communities. Participants come from a variety of disciplines, including public, private and non-profit organizations, and will be leaders in their sector. While members will bring interest and expertise in specific issues, they all share a genuine curiosity and passion for learning about innovation and best practices across a broad range of relevant topics which include, but are not limited to:
- Water Supply and management
- Storm water management (NOAA Atlas 14)
- Climate science and infrastructure impacts
- Energy – conservation, renewables
- Environmental impact of products, and processes
- Community health, social cohesion, and equity
- Access to healthy food (via locally grown options and traditional sale)
The ULI MN Resilient Communities Council meets for two half-day sessions per year. Each session will include a program produced by Council members that may include guest speakers and an opportunity to present on a personal project of interest. The group will address best practices and case studies and participate in roundtable discussions and private project tours. Participation is intended to be active and candid, sharing specific detailed information and experience from both members and presenters. All information will remain confidential.
Resilient Communities Council Co-Chairs
Jessie Houlihan Bingen, Stahl Construction
John Shardlow, Stantec
- Provide an avenue for all members to experience the special value of a ULI Product Council, particularly those that are unable to regularly attend the National Conferences or participate at the Full Membership level.
- Be part of a unique gathering of peers to gain valuable information and participate in an open exchange regarding lessons learned on regional and national projects that demonstrate better outcomes and successful problem solving associated.
- Share insights on projects or initiatives that have successfully worked through issues, improved results or may deliver impactful outcomes over time.
- Expand your base of professional knowledge through exposure to leaders from varied market perspectives and discussion on important topics related to creating healthier and sustainable communities.
- Take away value on key topics and improve the effectiveness of your organization and project performance over time.
The Resilient Communities Council is made up of diverse industry leaders. Two spots are reserved for Young Leader Members (under the age of 35).
- Invitation-only council made up of industry leaders.
- ULI MN membership is required. If you are not a member and are interested in participating on this council, click here to join.
- Community Development Council affiliation dues are $200 per year.
- Membership is a two year commitment to attend three out of four council sessions. Participants are allowed only one excused absence during a two year term.
- Participation is intended to be active and candid, sharing specific detailed information and experience from both members and presenters. There is a high expectation for participation and contribution by all members.
- All information must be kept confidential.