Rent Stabilization: Local Approaches to Advance Tenant Stability
The final session of a four-part webinar series addressing policies on rent regulation and tenant stability
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
11:00am - 12:00pm CT
Rent-regulation policies vary widely across the United States. What do we know about their effects on rental markets, tenants, and property owners? Do differences in the policies’ design matter? Urban Land Institute Minnesota and the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis are partnering with experts from across the housing sector to present a four-part, virtual event series featuring research-based, evidence-driven conversation on rent regulation. We invite you to join us as we discuss these important questions.
- Dr. Christina Stacy, Principal Research Associate at the Urban Institute
- Michael Spotts, President of Neighborhood Fundamentals and Visiting Fellow at the Terwilliger Center for Housing
- Shane Phillips, Housing Initiative Program Manager, UCLA Lewis Center
- Moderator: Libby Starling, Director, Community Development and Engagement, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Be sure to view the videos of our previous sessions:
- Session 1 - Rent Stabilization: Policy Choices and Impacts
- Session 2 - Rent Stabilization: Economics of the Rental Market
- Session 3 - Rent Stabilization: Lessons Learned from Implementation of Policies
This event is presented by ULI Minnesota and the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.