ULI Minnesota Young Leaders Group: Let's Grab Lunch - Career Development Series
|Under Age 35||$75.00||$100.00|
“Let’s Grab Lunch” is a four-part program designed to assist Young Leaders in early career development and supporting one another to succeed. The group-style format focuses on career guidance, industry education, and peer-networking facilitated by the insights of established industry professionals.
The program kicks off with a workshop on making the most of mentorship opportunities, followed by three small-group sessions exploring your questions on navigating career decisions, forging professional relationships, building your brand, and finding your place in the industry. Small groups will build relationships across each session, with a consistent mid-career leader who will curate a multidisciplinary group of professionals for an open and unvarnished conversation on their own experiences navigating their careers and real estate projects.
This retooled program is designed to help you understand how to make the most of mentorship opportunities and professional relationships, so that you are well-positioned to build the network you need to succeed.
Structure of Sessions
· Biweekly Friday sessions, 11:30am-1pm in downtown Minneapolis (3/31, 4/14, 4/28, 5/12)
· Lunch included in registration
· Small groups of 8-10 young leaders partnered with one lead industry professional across the program who will be joined by colleagues for each session for an hour of in-depth conversation
Commitment to Active Participation
· Every participant must be committed to the program in order to create the type of atmosphere necessary for success, with attendance and participation at every meeting expected.
· Participants should bring into the program clear ideas about what they want out of the program, so that mentors can invite relevant guest professionals and facilitate effective conversations for the group.
Culture of Trust
· “Let’s Grab Lunch” mirrors the cultural norms of ULI, such as openly sharing mistakes made and lessons learned. This enables honest and unfiltered conversations on career challenges and allows Young Leaders to be introduced to the culture of ULI and helps set them up for a long commitment to the organization.
Program Registration Fee
· Young Leader (Under 35) Member $75
· Young Leader (Under 35) Nonmember $100
· Student $60
Please reach out if the registration cost is a financial barrier; we are able to offer a limited number of discounts as part of our DEI Impact Fund. Please email [email protected].