The nationally recognized Regional Council of Mayors (RCM), supported by ULI Minnesota, was formed in 2004 as a nonpartisan platform focused on building civic trust through relationships, inquiry, partnerships and action.
In 2017, the RCM launched Minnesota Mayors Together out of a concern that what divides us is impacting our ability to reach our full potential as a state.
Minnesota Mayors Together provides a way forward. The initiative seeks to build trusted relationships by fostering hopeful conversations and collaboration across Minnesota. The goal is to shift a negative culture, not to build a structure.
A strategic planning meeting in March 2020 was quickly followed by the COVID-19 shutdown. The MMT Executive Committee moved to a virtual platform and met bi-weekly with state leaders to provide important local insights as safety and recovery strategies evolved; e.g., economic competitiveness, broadband, small business support, community safety, mental health, workforce development, inclusive cities.
After eighteen months of grounded and informed discussions, the MMT is planning its next in person conversation – seeking to amplify this trusted civic model that leads to shared actions.
- Co-hosts: Mayor Rita Albrecht, Bemidji and Mayor Molly Cummings, Hopkins
- October 11-12, 2017
- Co-hosts: Mayor Emily Larson, Duluth and Mayor Jake Spano, St. Louis Park
- February 8-9, 2018
- Co-hosts: Mayor Marv Calvin, Willmar and Mayor Peter Lindstrom, Falcon Heights
- December 6-7, 2018
- Co-hosts: Mayor Tom Kuntz, Owatonna and Mayor Mike Maguire, Eagan
- March 7-8, 2019
- Co-hosts: Mayor Jim Hovland, Edina and Mayor Ben Schierer, Fergus Falls
- May 16-17, 2019
- Co-hosts: Mayor Ben Schierer, Fergus Falls, and Mayor Rhonda Pownell, Northfield
- October 24-25, 2019
St. Louis Park
- Host: Mayor Jake Spano
- March 12- 13, 2020
- Host: Mayor Kim Norton, Rochester, and Mayor Brad Wiersum, Minnetonka
- December 2-3, 2021
League of Minnesota Cities Annual Meeting – Duluth
- MMT networking event
- June 22, 2022
MMT is sponsored by: