CALL FOR INTEREST: SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST FORM
The Community Development Council is a group of 30 to 40 development and redevelopment industry leaders who meet for two half-day sessions a year. Meetings consist of ULI members and guest speakers sharing best practices and lessons learned in case studies, round table discussions, and possible off-site private tours.
Community Development Council Co-Chairs
The Community Development Council brings together public agency leaders to discuss innovative approaches to community planning and development, explore best practices throughout the region, and discuss the challenges of leadership in a confidential setting.
- Provide an avenue for all members to experience the special value of a ULI Product Council, particularly those that are unable to regularly attend the National Conferences or participate at the Full Membership level.
- Provide a forum for information and candid exchange on state-of-the-art, innovative development practices that consist of the most effective and successful people in the development or redevelopment field.
- Provide a development industry focus on the major issues of our region.
Capitalize on and strengthen ULI MN’s membership network; build relationships; strengthen regional impact and guide ULI priorities.
Organization and Administration:
Membership is restricted to department head roles in regional and urban planning, housing, and economic development fields. Public sector leaders interested in ULI membership are also invited to explore discounted public agency membership. Two spots are reserved for Young Leader Members (under the age of 35) and two spots reserved for ex-officio members (recently retired).
- Invitation-only council made up of industry leaders.
- ULI MN membership is required. If you are not a member and are interested in participating on this council, click here to join.
- Community Development Council affiliation dues are $250 per year for Public Sector/Non-Profit Members, $350 all other members.
- Council participation is a two year commitment to attend three out of four council sessions. Participants are allowed only one excused absence during a two year term.
- Participation is intended to be active and candid, sharing specific detailed information and experience from both members and presenters. There is a high expectation for participation and contribution by all members.
- All information must be kept confidential.
ULI Minnesota is committed to enabling participation for BIPOC entrepreneurs and those historically underrepresented in the industry. If cost is a barrier to participation, please reach out to discuss fee waivers. We also encourage nominations of peers who may be outside of the current ULI network.