REDi is a 15-session curriculum for women and professionals of color working in real estate industries. The program aims to advance participants’ careers and expand their professional networks.
The ULI MN Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDi) Program helps participants learn more about what it takes to put together a successful development. Participants will receive a comprehensive curriculum and will gain experience working together on a real-world case study. Participants can further their careers by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges and opportunities in the local industry and apply lessons to a project as their group devises plans for development on a specific site. Each team will produce a development plan, pro-forma, and marketing plan. Chosen participants will engage in both large group and small group mentoring sessions. The ideal participant will be working in the field, have an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience and a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Eligibility and Cost
- People of color and women are eligible to apply for the program.
- 100% attendance is required.
- Registration is $300 payable upon acceptance to the program.
- Free one-year membership to ULI Minnesota, with access to more than 500 members working in many different areas of the real estate industry.
- Certificate of completion.
- Professional Real Estate Development: The ULI Guide to the Business textbook, By Richard Peiser and David Hamilton ($99.95 value).
- One-on-one mentoring and education worth more than $15,000.
- A new network of allied professionals.
ALL SESSIONS are 3 HOURS, 1:30 – 4:30 PM.
Session 1: January 7th
Kick off and Curriculum Introduction
Session 2: January 22nd
Site visit and due diligence review
Session 3: January 28th
Session 4: February 4th
Working Session: Site Vision Creation
Session 5: February 25th
Back of the Envelope Feasibility
Session 6: March 4th
Session 7: March 18th
Working Session 2: Design Charrette
Session 8: April 1st
Session 9: April 22nd
Financing (Equity and Debt)
Session 10: April 29th
Working Session 3 (2 hours)
Session 11: May 6th
Working Session 4
Session 12: May 20th
Working session 5
Session 13: June 3rd
Session 14: June 17th
Session 15: June 24th
Final Presentations and Graduation
2019 REDi Sponsors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please keep in touch .