Community Development Council
The Community Development Council is a group of 30 to 40 development and redevelopment industry leaders who meet for two half-day sessions a year. Meetings consist of ULI members and guest speakers sharing best practices and lessons learned in case studies, round table discussions, and possible off-site private tours.
All Community Development council members must be active or recently retired from this market. The focus will be on the most important developments around the region: drivers, challenges, and, ultimately, solutions. The Council includes a balance of professionals that can provide varied perspectives from both small and large cities.
Community Development Council Co-Chairs
Grant Fernelius, City of Coon Rapids
Anne Kane, City of White Bear Lake
- Provide an avenue for all members to experience the special value of a ULI Product Council, particularly those that are unable to regularly attend the National Conferences or participate at the Full Membership level.
- Provide a forum for information and candid exchange on state-of-the-art, innovative development practices that consist of the most effective and successful people in the development or redevelopment field.
- Provide a development industry focus on the major issues of our region.
Capitalize on and strengthen ULI MN’s membership network; build relationships; strengthen regional impact and guide ULI priorities.
Organization and Administration:
The Community Development Council principally consists of community development leaders (local government) while mixing in leaders in urban design and other related service providers. Two spots are reserved for Young Leader Members (under the age of 35) and two spots reserved for ex-officio members (recently retired).
- Invitation-only council made up of industry leaders.
- ULI MN membership is required. If you are not a member and are interested in participating on this council, click here to join.
- Community Development Council affiliation dues are $200 per year.
- Membership is a two year commitment to attend three out of four council sessions. Participants are allowed only one excused absence during a two year term.
- Participation is intended to be active and candid, sharing specific detailed information and experience from both members and presenters. There is a high expectation for participation and contribution by all members.
- All information must be kept confidential.
Community Development Council Members
Kate AanensonCommunity Development Director
City of Chanhassen
Cathy BennettConsultant, Regional Council of Mayors Housing Initiative
Kimberly Erin BerggrenCity of Brooklyn Park
Brooklyn Park, MN
Paul BolinAssistant Executive Director HRA
City of Fridley
Kari CollinsCommunity Redevelopment Director
City of Roseville, Minnesota
Barbara DacyExecutive Director
Washington County CDA
Caren DewarExecutive Director
Kersten ElverumDirector of Planning
City of Hopkins
Jenni FaulknerCommunity Development Director
City of Burnsville
Grant FerneliusCommunity Development Director
City of Coon Rapids
Coon Rapids, MN
David R. FrankDirector
City of Minneapolis
Janice GundlachAssistant Director of Community Assets & Development/Planning Director
City of New Brighton
New Brighton, MN
Scott J. HickokCommunity Development Director
City of Fridley
Jill HutmacherCommunity Development Director
City of Eagan
Janet JeremiahCommunity Development Director
City of Eden Prairie
Eden Prairie, MN
Anne KaneCommunity Development Director
City of White Bear Lake
White Bear Lake, MN
Thomas LinkDirector of Community Development
City of Inver Grove Heights
Inver Grove Heights, MN
Meg McMonigalPrincipal Planner
City of St. Louis Park
St. Louis Park, MN
William NeuendorfEconomic Development Director
City of Edina
Marc NevinskiPhysical Development Director
City of Golden Valley
Golden Valley, MN
Bruce NordquistCommunity Development Director
City of Apple Valley
Apple Valley, MN
Dwight W. PichaCommunity Development Director
City of Woodbury
Tom RiedeselWhite Bear Township
White Bear Tp, MN
Kevin RingwaldCommunity Development Director
City of Chaska
Jonathan B. Sage-MartinsonDirector of Planning & Economic Development
City of Saint Paul
Saint Paul, MN
John StarkCommunity Development Director
City of Richfield
Nolan WallPlanning/Community Development Director
City of Vadnais Heights
Vadnais Heights, MN
Julie WischnackCommunity Development Director
City of Minnetonka