About the job
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) is affordable financing that allows commercial property owners to pay for upgrades or build properties that increase energy efficiency, harness renewable energy, conserve water, and protect against storms. PACE Loan Group (PLG) is a leading leader in this space. We are helping to create a better environment for the world we live in – and we want you to be a part of it.
We are adding an Analyst to our Eden Prairie, MN team. We are a start-up company, so you will immediately have an impact on our evolution. You will learn from seasoned real estate finance veterans, and you will learn about a quickly growing type of real estate finance. And people who have gone through the PLG Analyst program have various options for growth within PLG, either as underwriters, originators, or loan servicers/asset managers.
Reporting to your Managing Director, your day-to-day responsibilities will vary, but primarily will be focused on underwriting commercial PACE loans.
While our office is located in Eden Prairie, our employees are hybrid, coming into the office at least two days a week. Want to come in more? No problem. If you have a drive to learn and work hard, and enjoy a small, growing environment, this is the role for you!
What you will do in the role:
· Providing detailed financial analysis of potential PACE projects to fund, including analysis and summary of property value, and PACE-eligible upgrades
· Reviewing various states’ PACE program reports to assist with PACE loan underwriting and compliance
· Drafting deal memos for closed transactions, which includes writing summary descriptions of the transaction and inputting factual loan metrics
· Reviewing, keeping organized, and completing due diligence review for multiple deals simultaneously to bring projects from inception to close
· Assistance with construction draw requests for closed loans
· Working with asset management team to verify loan status with local governments
· Other tasks as needed
Skills for success in the role:
· Interest in real estate finance (preferably commercial)
· Can-do attitude
· Attention to detail + highly organized
· Critical thinking and analysis
· Research skills
· Moderate (or better) Excel skills
· Strong collaboration skills + ability to work independently
· Problem-solving attitude (identifies issues, but also suggest solutions)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while delivering accurate and quality work product
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance, economics, real estate or similar preferred
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.