LIVABLE COMMUNITIES GRANTS
The Metropolitan Council offers real estate redevelopment grants through its Livable Communities grant program. The grants are competitive. Prospective developers apply through cities (or other public development authorities like a port authority or economic development authority) for grants that support construction of new affordable housing, preservation of existing affordable housing, environmental site investigation or environmental cleanup needed for redevelopment, transit-oriented development or mixed-use development. Projects are expected to meet both local and regional goals like adding affordable housing or living wage jobs.
Upcoming funding available includes:
- Livable Communities Demonstration Account LCDA – Development Grants (Deadline August 14)
- Transit-Oriented Development Grants (Deadline August 14)
- Local Housing Incentives Account (LHIA) – Affordable Homeownership (Deadline September 28)
- Tax Base Revitalization Account (TBRA) – Environmental Site Investigation (Deadline November 1)
- Tax Base Revitalization Account (TBRA) – Environmental Contamination Cleanup (Deadline November 1)