View Full Description & Apply on LinkedIn
Job Title: Investments Analyst with The Meritex Company
Reports to: Senior Director of Investments
Provide analytical support to the Investments team in the areas of evaluation, underwriting, due diligence investigation and closing of industrial real estate investments nationally, including direct equity, leveraged, joint venture, preferred equity and other structured finance investments. Potential investment targets include development, stabilized, rehabilitation and value-add opportunities.
- Conduct underwriting and investment analysis for various types of transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and developments.
- Screen investment and disposition opportunities against Meritex’ investment criteria.
- Underwrite investment opportunities utilizing Excel and Argus AE modeling.
- Perform sensitivity analysis to evaluate the impact of various assumptions such as rental rates, vacancy and exit pricing.
- Prepare investment memoranda for deal pipeline and Investment Committee meetings.
- Present analysis of investment opportunities to management and Investment Committee.
- Participate in the due diligence process and closings for acquisition and disposition transactions, including site tours, broker meetings, extracting and reviewing third party research, property level information and JV/loan documents.
- Perform market research and interact with market participants to extract information relevant to the investment process.
- Travel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics or related field.
- 2-4 years of commercial real estate work experience (Strong preference for prior experience in Investments, Asset Management, Underwriting, or Brokerage).
- Proficiency with applications such as Argus AE (experience required), CoStar, Microsoft Suite with strong financial modeling skills.
- Understanding of commercial real estate valuation and real estate documentation pertaining to ownership structures, contracts, accounting and property operations.
- Experience in developing financial models, cash flows, IRR analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable making presentations.
- Ability to work in a team environment across multiple departments.
- Ability to work apart from direct supervision and manage tight deadlines.
- Commitment to Meritex’ core values of Relationships Matter, Creating Beneficial Outcomes, Thinking Ahead and Always Accountable.