Public Engagement Intern
Forge ahead with WSB. WSB was founded on the understanding that culture drives results and we’ve dedicated ourselves to the value of strong relationships, collaboration and forward-thinking ideas. We’ve inspired each other to discover thoughtful and creative solutions that look beyond the needs of today to the opportunities of tomorrow. We invite you to forge ahead with us.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with the planning, coordinating, facilitating and management of the communications, outreach, and public engagement activities for plans and projects of varying size
- Assist with media campaigns and key message construction and delivery
- Assist with social media and digital campaigns that create authentic and targeted online engagement with stakeholders
- Help develop strategic project literature, both written and electronic
- Employ innovative community engagement techniques to reach a broad audience of stakeholders
- This person will help to coordinate, organize, and facilitate formal and informal meetings, workshops, open houses, focus groups, coordinate marketing materials and gather data as needed.
What You Will Bring:
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people, especially those with a different background or experience
- Ability to engage communities and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of engagement strategies and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Able to effectively resolve conflict situations
- Able to present technical information to small and large groups
- Able to think strategically, analyze issues, and make sound decisions
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record
- Pursuing a bachelors degree in planning, urban studies, communications, marketing, public affairs, political science or related field and 0-3 years of applicable experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe InDesign
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Optional: attach a writing sample with application.
Who We Are: WSB is a design and consulting firm specializing in engineering, community planning, environmental, and construction services. We provide solutions for the places, spaces and systems that support our lives. We offer services in more than 30 complementary areas across the nation.
WSB does not accept resumes from third parties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.