Sr. Professional Community Planner
|Department:||Community Planning & Econ. Dev.|
Forge ahead with WSB. WSB was founded on the understanding that culture drives results and we’ve dedicated ourselves to the value of strong relationships, collaboration and forward-thinking ideas. We’ve inspired each other to discover thoughtful and creative solutions that look beyond the needs of today to the opportunities of tomorrow. We invite you to forge ahead with us.
What You Will Do: The senior planner would manage a variety of clients’ planning and zoning needs, with a primary focus on
- Zoning administration,
- Development review,
- Community engagement initiatives, and
- Comprehensive and small area planning.
This position will also serve to augment a variety of other planning needs that our clients have with regard to
- Zoning administration,
- Land use application review,
- Communications functions
- This work includes attending and presenting at planning commission, city council, and stakeholder meetings.
- This work also includes developing and leveraging client relationships to grow our planning offering within the Texas market.
What You Will Bring: The successful candidate must have a
- Four-year degree in urban planning or related field;
- A minimum of five years of experience in municipal/land use planning;
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- A positive, can-do attitude and passion for work are also required.
- Experience facilitating meetings, presenting to the public/public officials and stakeholders, and/or formulating recommendations through written reports is required.
Preferred candidates will have
- A masters’ degree in urban planning and AICP certification,
- Seven to ten years of experience, and
- Strong relationships with market planners and/or city staff.
Who We Are: WSB is a design and consulting firm specializing in engineering, community planning, environmental, and construction services. We provide solutions for the places, spaces and systems that support our lives. We offer services in more than 30 complementary areas across the nation.
WSB does not accept resumes from third parties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.