Building a Foundation is a practical and engaging educational course designed to introduce participants to the essential components of completing a successful development project. The nine-session curriculum is taught by an interdisciplinary faculty of leading industry professionals who will guide participants through the development process with materials, research, and case studies drawn from the instructors’ own professional experience.
Participants will gain new insights into real estate development and will build their own network of real estate professionals through the small class size capped at 30 participants. This year, each session will be delivered by ZOOM. As an added bonus, participants have the opportunity to earn eight Minnesota Real Estate CE credits!
Sessions are held on Fridays from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm via Zoom.
Building a Foundation is chaired by Kevin Clarke, HKGI.
The 2020-2021 Building a Foundation course is complete.
To be added to the waitlist for the 2021-2022 course, please email Rachel Keenan, email@example.com
Registration Fee Includes:
- ULI Real Estate Development: Principles and Process textbook ($124.95 value) – Choose between Ebook or Hardcover.
- Opportunity to earn Eight hours of MN Real Estate CE Credit.
- Eight monthly sessions held via Zoom from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM. Registration for individual sessions is not available.
- Recording and copy of each presentation.
- Covid appropriate graduation tour of a recent noteworthy real estate development.
- Intimate class size – limited to 30 participants.
- Networking with speakers and participant cohort.
Oct. 2, 2020: Managing the Development Process
Tony Barranco, VP of Development, Ryan Companies
Nov. 6, 2020: Land Use Law and Entitlements
Jay Lindgren, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Dec. 4, 2020: Design and Site Planning
Bob Loken, Vice President, ESG Architects
John Slack, Senior Landscape Architect/Urban Designer, Perkins + Will
Jan. 8, 2021: Feasibility Analysis
Colleen Carey, Founder/President, The Cornerstone Group
Feb. 5, 2021: Construction
Joy Jayaram, Project Executive, McGough Companies
Ken Peterson, Project Executive, McGough Companies
Mar. 5, 2021: Capital Markets and Project Financing
Mark Kunkel, Co-Chair, ULI Minnesota’s Capital Markets Council
Apr. 9, 2021: Real Estate Law – Key Deal Points and Potential Traps
Peter Berrie, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
May 7, 2021: Property, Asset, and Portfolio Management
Traci Tomas, Chief Operating Officer, Doran Companies