Building a Foundation is a practical introduction to the essential components of completing a successful development project. Building a Foundation is appropriate for early-stage professionals or those of all levels who seek a better understanding of the development process across different disciplines.
The once per month cadence of this course can fit into a busy schedule! Each month’s session will be held over the lunch hour (11:30AM-1PM), running from October 8, 2021 – June 2022.
Sessions consist of presentations and discussion on a core component of real estate delivered by a local industry expert, paired with a suggested reading from the course textbook. Subject to appropriate covid protocols and conditions at the time, Building a Foundation will be an in-person course.
To facilitate relationship-building across the cohort, the course is limited to 30 people. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and includes the cost of the textbook, lunch, and the opportunity to earn up to 9 hours* of MN Real Estate CE, AIA and AICP credits. *(Credits have been applied for).
Building a Foundation 2021-2022 is sold out!
If you are interested in being added to the waitlist for the next 2022-2023 course next fall, please send an email to Rachel Keenan, email@example.com
Registration Fee: $375 Members / $495 Nonmembers
Registration Fee Includes:
- ULI Real Estate Development: Principles and Process textbook ($124.95 value) – Choose between Ebook or Hardcover.
- Opportunity to earn up to 9 hours* of MN Dept of Commerce Real Estate CE, AIA, or AICP credits. *(Credits have been applied for).
- Nine monthly sessions held over the lunch hour (11:30AM-1PM). Subject to appropriate covid protocols and conditions at the time, Building a Foundation will be an in-person course. Registration for individual sessions is not available.
- Session recording and copy of each presentation.
- Graduation tour of a recent noteworthy real estate development.
- To facilitate relationship-building across the cohort, the course is limited to 30 people.Registration Fee: $375 Members / $495 Nonmembers
Building a Foundation 2021 – 2022 Sessions
Subject to appropriate covid protocols and conditions at the time, Building a Foundation will be an in-person course. Each session location changes, ideally planned to be hosted at the office of each speaker. Some locations are still TBD, but will mostly be centreally located in the Twin Cities.
Oct. 8, 2021 11:30AM-1PM: Managing the Development Process
Tony Barranco, President, North Region at Ryan Companies
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Nov. 5, 2021 11:30AM-1PM: Land Use and Entitlements
Jay Lindgren, Public-Private Partnership Attorney at Dorsey & Whitney
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Dec. 10, 2021 11:30AM-1PM: Feasibility Analysis
Amanda Janzen, Senior Development Manager at Schafer Richardson
Joseph Bergman, Development Manager at Endeavor Development
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Jan. 7, 2022 11:30AM-1PM: Design and Site Planning
Bob Loken, Principal at ESG
John Slack, Practice Leader, Associate Principal at Perkins and Will
Feb. 4, 2022 11:30AM-1PM: Construction
Joy Jayaram, Project Executive at McGough
Ken Peterson, Project Executive at McGough
Roseville, MN 55113
Mar. 4, 2022 11:30AM-1PM: Capital Markets & Project Financing
Apr. 1, 2022 11:30AM-1PM: Real Estate Law – Key Deal Points
Peter Berrie, Real Estate Attorney at Faegre Drinker
May. 6, 2022 11:30AM-1PM: Property, Asset, and Portfolio Management (likely to include a tour)
Minnetonka, MN 55305
THURSDAY Jun. 2, 2022 4:00PM-6:00PM: Graduation Happy Hour and Project Tour