ULI MN seeks an Associate to join our dynamic and collaborative team and become an integral contributor to our work. We are seeking an energetic team player who will think critically, identify opportunities for improvement, and deliver results through a commitment to excellence. This role offers the Associate an opportunity to explore, learn, make connections to a growing network of experienced real estate/land use professionals and public officials, and contribute meaningfully to regional issues. Primary responsibilities include engaging with our members and volunteers to carry out our mission, provide critical operational support, and assist in the execution of ULI MN programs and events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Support ULI MN Member Engagement Activities:
- Engage and support ULI members and volunteers to deepen and broaden ULI MN’s trusted network.
- Maintain ULI MN’s brand integrity.
- Energetically promote ULI MN’s events through email marketing and management of social media.
- Build member awareness of ULI technology resources (e.g., Knowledge Finder, Navigator, Member Directory).
- Design and draft bimonthly newsletter.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Young Leaders Group (YLG), including attending all YLG meetings, coordinating with committees, and supporting YLG programs and events.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
Provide Operational Support:
- Collaborate with the ULI MN team to design and produce timely and graphically appealing impact reports and presentations.
- Manage and update ULI MN’s website, collateral materials, document templates, and organizational data in netFORUM; ensure accuracy, consistency, and brand integrity.
- Coordinate media outreach and strategies to increase public awareness of ULI MN’s impact.
- Support data collection and reporting efforts; track volunteer engagement.
- Assist with general correspondence.
- Manage office maintenance.
Assist with Execution of Programs and Events:
- Design and draft email marketing messages in Magnet Mail.
- Set up events in netFORUM, including submission of required documentation.
- Support execution and logistics of ULI MN’s meetings, events, programs, and initiatives.
- Support signature programs as directed.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in urban studies, marketing, communications, or a related field; an interest in regional issues; one to three years of relevant work experience and/or ULI engagement is preferred.
- Team player; ability to think critically; collaborative.
- Great people skills; ability to provide courteous and mature customer service and maintain professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, demonstrating meticulous attention to details, deadlines, and results.
- Excellent writing, editing, and design skills.
- Commitment to excellence; eager and energetic.
- Proven project and operation management skills, including the ability to creatively solve problems, and simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency/skills in Microsoft Office, InDesign, and WordPress and a desire to develop expanded proficiency/skills.
- Ability to attend early morning and evening meetings and programs, with some travel.
To apply, please click on the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest. In the letter of interest please let us know why you are interested in the position and how your experience relates to the position.
No relocation reimbursement offered at this time. EOE/m/f/d/v.